Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas, friends! Long time, no blog posts. But, that is about to change...call it a resolution for the coming new year.

As I write this post, I'm waiting at the airport to begin my journey from Indianapolis to southern Brazil, where I will be spending the next months as part of my Fulbright scholar activity during my sabbatical from Butler and the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir. While a lot of the specifics of my work are yet to be confirmed, I look forward to working with the students at the Federal University of Brazil in Rio Grande do Sul, located in the city of Porto Alegre. I anticipate we will be working together on conducting, rehearsals, concerts and who knows what else. For me right now, the details don't matter as much as the opportunity. One that I am super excited about for sure!

So, be sure to check back here for periodic updates, pictures, hopefully some video and the like. I'll usually post a link on Facebook when I have news to report, so that help people follow along.

It will be a blast to have you along with me for the ride. So for now, let me leave you with just a couple important Portuguese phrases: "Muito obrigado" (Many thanks) and "Feliz natal" (Merry Christmas)!!
Leading the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra, and soloists Michele McConnell and Dwayne McDevitt in "Boas Festas" at last weeks Festival of Carols performances

No comments:

Post a Comment